On October 17, 2010, I am a 6 pound ball of blonde fluff. Watch me grow!



Layla

Layla
Home Sweet Home, Here I Come!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Leash Is My Friend

October 2010

October 2010

October 2010

Today!

Today...  But what do you mean, we're going the wrong way?

I'll follow you anywhere, Annie. Today, tomorrow, always.
Mom is getting smarter by the day. No doubt about it.

Today we woke up and, before I knew it, I found myself at the end of a leash, side by side with Annie, who was also at the end of a leash. We were heading down the driveway to the front yard to do our business.

Did I tell you I've not been a big fan of the leash?

Have I told you I am terrified of the front yard?

This morning I had no choice. And I forgot that I don't like the leash and that the front yard and the street with big zooming cars and pick up trucks is scary. But it was dark and quiet and safe at 5:30 in the morning.

I did my business, and Annie did her business, and then we came in for breakfast.

But I had to go out again (of course) and Mom put me on the leash again. We went without Annie. It's a wet morning, and Mom says she likes it better when she can keep me out of the mud. Annie does not like wet grass. Or mud.

Our Christmas lights had come on while we were inside having breakfast. Mom thinks we should enjoy the lights as much as possible because the Christmas season is just too short. It was still quiet and peaceful and raining a little bit. And, well, I think I liked being out there in the front yard on a leash. Mom said we put up white Christmas lights to remind us of snow. I haven't seen snow, but Mom says I'd love it--I've got the right coat for it. Annie wears a funny little jacket when it's cold and rainy. She's such a prissy girl. Apparently not all miniature schnauzers are like that.


I'm a--well--we watched Dogs 101 the other night and now we think I'm an Australian CATTLE Dog, not an Aussie Shepherd. Maybe they're the same thing. Who knows. Anyway, I'm good, I'm cute, and I love my family. Does anything else matter?

So if Mom wants me to walk on a leash, I'll get used to the leash. She promises me big adventures... and she keeps her promises!

Stay warm!
Love ya!
Layla

No comments:

Post a Comment