On October 17, 2010, I am a 6 pound ball of blonde fluff. Watch me grow!



Layla

Layla
Home Sweet Home, Here I Come!

Monday, October 18, 2010

About Yesterday--Meeting the family, part one

"Hi, Layla! I'm Annie! That is my mom. That is my dad. That is my boy. This is my yard. That is my house. Okay, these are the rules..."

Yesterday when we got home, my big sister Annie didn't realize I was staying. She was uber friendly. You know, tail wagging, butt sniffing, the whole bit. But then she figured out I'm not going anywhere (except maybe the vet for my first check up.)

Mom put me in an open-door crate and fenced me off. Annie watched. Mom fed me water in a spoon because I didn't get what the blue thing was without my brothers' and sisters' puppy faces in it. Annie had to have water in a spoon too. Mom got her a spoon of her own, and Annie decided the whole thing was ridiculous. She likes her bowl. Now I like my bowl, too.

Mom fed me Puppy Chow in her hand, and Annie was really interested in that, so Mom let her have Puppy Chow in her other hand. I think Annie's too old for Puppy Chow, but I'm only nine weeks old, so what do I know? 

More later about my first big poop, tail wagging and how brave I was during my first night in a house. I didn't cry!

Before I sign off and take a nap, I'm gonna brag. I haven't made any mistakes indoors yet. Seriously cool, right? Okay, I probably will. And I should qualify no mistakes yet. Mom forget to swaddle me getting out of the car after the ride home from the ranch, and I drenched her, hee hee. Silly Mom. Luckily, she's a quick learner--at least with puppies.

Love ya!
Layla

No comments:

Post a Comment