On October 17, 2010, I am a 6 pound ball of blonde fluff. Watch me grow!



Layla

Layla
Home Sweet Home, Here I Come!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Life Is Good

Today's treat for Mom: a full night's sleep. Or maybe last night was yesterday's treat for today? I'm not sure how treats work, but Annie's sure getting a lot of them when she's nice to me. I think Annie thinks "Layla=treat."  So...5:45 am is normal getting-up time around here, and I decided to give it a try today. I liked it. So did everyone else. I sure hope I can hold it from midnight to 5:45 am again tomorrow. No piddle mistakes yet--don't want to start now!

Mom was so impressed with my fantabulous behavior since I arrived, she introduced me to a new part of the house today. The media room with the big TV. I'm not much for TV, especially scary sounds--boo, hiss to commercials. Mom likes to sit and read on one of the couches in the media room. In preparation for crazy puppy times (guess I've shown her, right?) she covered the couches with yards of fleece fabric, and today Annie and I were invited in. No big deal to Annie; she's allowed in there all the time. But me? I like soft fleece...


"Ahhhhhh!" That's how I felt about it. I fell asleep on the couch next to Mom while she read a few more pages of her friend Joelle's new novel SKATING AROUND THE LAW. There's a camel in that book. I'm hoping for DOGS! Maybe Joelle can write a book called SLEEPING ON THE COUCH.


I also like hunkering down with my big sister Annie in her crate. I think she's always a little surprised when I walk right in when the door's open--mostly because I walk right over her. It's cozy in there, and she doesn't complain. I like the back corner. She can have the view, and then I let her steal my chew toys.

Well, it's the weekend. I understand the boys (Dad and PJ) are home on the weekends. I don't know what football is, but Mom says it'll be on the big TV screen and I'll find out soon. Annie says it's not her cup of chow, but she's not very interested in sportsy things like I am. (Yay, tennis balls! Do they play football with tennis balls? Is it a dog game?)

Have a wooferful weekend!

Love ya!
Layla

No comments:

Post a Comment